March next year.
Can you please let me know what you think of this. Based on your
feedback, I will finalise the plan and schedule the meeting.
. . .
Dataversity Workshop on Local Government Biodiversity Data Management
Two days in March 2009. Probably in Wellington. Venue to be decided.
The workshop will be held over two days, but it will be feasible to
attend one day or the other, if that is all that is possible.
The purpose will be to build awareness of biodata management practices
and trends within local government and related sectors, and to identify
opportunities for participants to take advantage of those.
Day One: Core Dataversity Members Only
- Introductions: Who is who and who is doing what
- Showcase: Demonstrations of in-house systems, eg ARC with Ecobase,
EBoP, EW, Horizons?
- Conclusions: Opportunities & action plan
Day Two: Core Dataversity Members and Stakeholders
- Conversations with National Database Curators
- DoC: NHMS
- Jim McLeod: OneLand
- Conversations with Representatives from Related Groups
- Biosecurity Data Managers?
- Conclusions: Opportunities & action plan (back to core members only)